Friday, September 15, 2006

Epic Up-date Part 1: The dump.....continued!

I don't really have that much more to add to the dump section of the epic-update....just a few more funny photos. So, where was I? Oh yeah, so there was about a metre and a bit of fresh pow, and we were ripping it around for a few days....there weren't really any pistes per se, just bits you should ski, and bits your teachers advised you not to ski. Herein lies the problem you can see below - Tety, my rather attractive (though unfortunately married to a rather butch mountain rescue dude with one kid) teacher for a couple of weeks, let us loose down a wicked valley full of fresh deep stuff, with the rather sound advice that you should stay to the far right, in the trees. And that if you go out of the trees, into the bamboo stuff, you might have problems geting back onto the piste. Did I listen.....ummmm, no:



So, I got a little stuck, but wasn't phased, since the worst that could really happen in that kind of snow was that I'd fall on my head, loose both my skis rather dramatically, and look like a bit of a willy. As it happens (and even though you can't see it in the action shot, I can asure you it is true), I landed it like the god I am!!!



Well, I could go on like this for ages, but there are too many photos to put up, and it takes FOR EVER to upload them from here. But here is another nice shot of Benji and Tety (after they sent me down to take pictures, the bastards) coming out of the trees on Secondo Lomo (Emma, you should remember that)......and the shot below that portrays Benji, hidden by the snow explosion, stacking it about 3/4 of the way down. Love it.





Ok.....so I've got to go to a meeting now to go over snow-plough and other such activities - but I'll be putting up loads more photos and stories very soon. Still to come.....loads of sick park piccies, night skiing, and our trip to Esquel x x x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home